Santa’s Hot Crab Dip
Mix together sour cream, lemon juice, onion, Worcestershire, dry mustard, garlic powder, and cream cheese.I use a hand mixer to get it blended really well.Fold in cheddar cheese and crabmeat.Spoon mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika or Old Bay Seasoning.Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes, or until heated through.Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, toast points, or Bugles!
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1lb lump crabmeat, shells removed (I’ve substituted 2 cans of canned crab meat as well)
- paprika or Old Bay Seasoning
BEST EVER Fruit Dip from Mrs. Claus
In a large bowl, mix together vanilla yogurt, Cool Whip, and pudding mix until completely combined and you see no more lumps. The mixture will be a little bit gritty at first because the pudding hasn’t had a chance to dissolve into the yogurt mixture yet.Cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill for about 30 minutes. Serve with your fruit of choice and enjoy!Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 1 (32 ounce) container Low-Fat Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box dry instant vanilla pudding mix
- Fruit for serving
White Christmas Queso Dip
In a double boiler on low heat (enough to keep a gentle boil), add the cheese and some of the half and half.Stir mixture until cheese begins to evenly melt, adding half and half to result in the consistency you desire. (It should be thin enough to flow well, but thick enough to stay on a chip).Add diced jalapenos to mixture, according to your preference. If they are from a jar, add a teaspoon or two of the juice as well.Begin to add the spices. Start with the cumin and black pepper. Add red pepper gradually, tasting along the way. A little goes a long way, so be sure you don’t make it too hot. I use a bit more than 1/4 tsp, you may use more or less.Add a pinch of chili powder, and serve hot with tortillas or chips.Leftovers can be microwaved (add more half and half or water to keep consistency). Don’t worry about yellowing from day to day (due to spices/cheese), it will be good for 4-5 days.
- 1 lb white American cheese (from deli, get a good brand)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 dash chili powder
Jodi’s Slow Cooker Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Spray a slow cooker (I used a 4 quart slow cooker ) with non-stick cooking spray.In a large bowl, mix together spinach, artichoke hearts, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and milk. Add salt and pepper as desired. Dump into your slow cooker.Place your cubed cream cheese on top of spinach/artichoke mixture, spread out as evenly as possible.Cook on high for 2 – 2 1/2 hours, or until ingredients are cooked through and the cream cheese is melted. Mix in the cream cheese keep dip on “warm” setting until eaten. Serve with crackers, bread, or vegetables.
- 1 (10 oz) bag fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
Sam’s Chicken Bacon Ranch Seven-Layer Dip
In a small trifle or baking dish, assemble dip: Add guacamole to base and top with ranch. Top with a layer of rotisserie chicken, then top with 1 cup tomatoes. Top with 1 1/2 cups cheddar, then add romaine and cooked bacon.Top with remaining cherry tomatoes and cheddar and drizzle with ranch. Garnish with chives and season with pepper.Serve with chips.
- 2 c. guacamole
- 1/2 c. ranch, plus more for drizzling
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/3 c. halved cherry tomatoes, divided
- 2 c. shredded cheddar, divided
- 2 c. shredded romaine
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Potato chips, for serving
Murphy’s Buffalo Chicken Layered Dip
Preheat oven to 350°. Spread cream cheese into an ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Layer with chicken, wing sauce and salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with baguette slices, chips or celery sticks. Yield: about 2 cups.If you want to top of not brown much and be more gooey – bake with foil on top. For browning, bake with no foil.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast/or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- French bread baguette slices, celery ribs or tortilla chips
Pick avocados that are heavy but soft to the touch.
Combine all ingredients in bowl and mash with fork.Add water as needed for desired consistency.Chill, covered, for 1 hour. Serve with assorted chips.Process the ingredients in a blender for a smoother consistency if desired.
- 1 lb. ripe avocados, cut into quarters
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 2 tsps. Lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
Producer David’s Sausage Lover’s Dip
Cook sausage in large saucepan over medium-high heat 8-10minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage to pan.Add all remaining ingredients except chips; mix well. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until cheeses are melted and dip is thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.Serve with chips
- 1 package of Jimmy Dean Hot Pork Sausage Role
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Chips or crackers for serving
Producer Bailey’s Cookie Dough Dip
Soften the cream cheese until you can mix it around easily. Microwaving it works fine for this.Melt the butter until mixable. It’s not necessary to have it completely liquid but it needs to be stirred in.Stir butter and cream cheese together while adding the other ingredients.Add confectioner’s sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract while stirring.Stir until smooth.Add chocolate chipsServe with Graham Crackers used to dip.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Graham Crackers
Loaded Ranch Dip!
Cook the bacon on both sides until crisp. Drain fat. Allow bacon to rest on paper towels until cool. Chop bacon into pea size crumbles and set aside.Mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix together in a bowl.Fold in the bacon, green onions, and shredded cheese. Enjoy with sturdy crackers. Keep cold.
- 1 cup light sour cream (I prefer Tillamook)
- 1 cup light mayonnaise (I prefer Best Foods)
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 lb bacon
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby and Monterey Jack)
In a blender, chop the garlic. Pour garbanzo beans into blender, reserving about a tablespoon for garnish. Place lemon juice, tahini, chopped garlic and salt in blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed.Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top. Garnish with reserved garbanzo beans.
- 1 clove garlic
- Great Value Minced Garlic, 32 oz
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, half the liquid reserved
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Minced Garlic, 32 oz 1 teaspoon salt
- Iodized Salt, 26 oz
- black pepper to taste
- Pure Ground Black Pepper, 3 oz
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Guacamame from Holly Clegg
Combination of avocado and edamame makes this wonderful delicious and nutritious dip. Serve with fresh veggies or chips. Visit Holly’s blog for more recipes.
In food processor, combine all ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- 1 large avocado, (about 2/3 cup mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
Terrific Tip: Can also use to stuff vegetables or as a sandwich spread.
Want to hear more?
When you follow the podcast on iTunes or the Google Play store, you get exclusive stuff you won’t hear on the show! (It’s FREE to subscribe)
And while you’re at it… be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
See more at Murphy, Sam & Jody.