Sausage Brunch Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork sausage (Sam uses 2 lbs)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (Sam modified this with cheddar cheese)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. Lay crescent rolls flat in the bottom of the pan. Combine cooked sausage, cheese, eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over crescent rolls. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until bubbly and rolls are baked.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Stir together egg, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Add pecans, if desired. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook other side. Serve with butter, warm maple syrup, and fresh berries. Yield: 9 (4-inch) pancakes.
Get even more delicious and quick food ideas from dinner to dessert, HERE!
Want to hear more?
See more at Murphy, Sam & Jody.