Having people over to watch the big game? Be prepared feed those hungry mouths with easy, delicious meals. Jodi is adding a new recipe every day up until Super Bowl Sunday.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders (My EASIEST recipe ever)
- 1 small pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small bottle BBQ sauce
- 1 small bottle Italian dressing
Drizzle both bottles over chicken breasts, cover & cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Don’t open lid until at least 6 hours. Shreds easily! Serve on rolls or pistolettes ♡ (Italian dressing gives it a tangy sauce – yum!)
Cheesy Spinach And Bacon Queso Dip
- 1 pkg (10 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 lb (16 oz) Velveeta®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-oz pkg) Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 8 slices cooked Oscar Mayer® Bacon, crumbled
Microwave all ingredients in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 5 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 minutes.
- 1 to 4 pounds (450g to 1.7kg) chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats
- 1 teaspoon (5g) baking powder per pound of chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon (5g) kosher salt per pound of chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce; 25g) unsalted butter per pound of chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce; 30ml) Frank’s RedHot Sauce per pound of chicken wings
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving
Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack inside. Carefully dry chicken wings with paper towels. In a large bowl, combine wings with baking powder and salt and toss until thoroughly and evenly coated. Place on rack, leaving a slight space between each wing. Repeat with remaining 2 batches of wings.
Place baking sheet with wings in refrigerator and allow to rest, uncovered, at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Add chicken wings and cook for 20 minutes. Flip wings and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, 15 to 30 minutes longer, flipping a few more times towards the end.
Meanwhile, combine butter and hot sauce in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking until combined. Transfer wings to a large bowl, add sauce, and toss to thoroughly coat. Serve wings immediately with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, conspicuously shunning anyone who says that real Buffalo wings must be fried.
Slow Cooked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (17.5 fluid ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Slider or potato rolls
- Blue cheese, feta cheese, or shredded Monterrey jack cheese
Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours. Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile the meat onto the rolls, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce and cheese to serve.
Honey Bourbon Steak Bites
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds steak (rib-eye sirloin, or filet), cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package mushrooms cut in quarters
In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Pour into a large ziptop bag. Add steak cubes and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Heat vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
Add steak. You will probably need to cook it in two batches because you don’t want to crowd the pan. Cook until seared on all sides. Remove from pan. Add remaining butter to pan and cook mushrooms until browned.
Sheet Pan Nachos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef (You can also shred chicken or pork)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 12 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and garlic, and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; stir in taco seasoning. Drain excess fat.
Place tortilla chips in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Top with ground beef mixture, black beans, corn and cheeses. Place into oven and bake until heated through and the cheese melts, about 5-6 minutes. Serve immediately, topped with tomato, onion, jalapeno, sour cream and cilantro.
Want to hear more?
See more at Murphy, Sam & Jody.