Jodi shares these easy breakfast recipes, and the method at 39:50 minutes into the show podcast below.
Sausage Brunch Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork sausage (Sam uses 2 lbs)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (Sam modified this with cheddar cheese)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. Lay crescent rolls flat in the bottom of the pan. Combine cooked sausage, cheese, eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over crescent rolls. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until bubbly and rolls are baked.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Stir together egg, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Add pecans, if desired. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook other side. Serve with butter, warm maple syrup, and fresh berries. Yield: 9 (4-inch) pancakes.
Chocolate Chip Crescent Rolls
- About a cup of chocolate chips
- 1 package of refrigerated crescent rolls
Heat oven according to package directions. Roll out the crescents and put a few chocolate chips on each roll. Roll them up like normal but with the chips inside. Bake until golden! The chips melt inside perfectly. TOO easy.
Get even more delicious and quick food ideas from dinner to dessert, HERE!
Want to hear more?
See more at Murphy, Sam & Jody.